Apple Watch Series 6 - Technical Specifications
GPS + Cellular
- Space Gray
- Space black (DLC)
- Space Gray
Apple Watch Nike available in silver and space gray aluminum.
Apple Watch Hermès available in stainless steel and space black stainless steel.
- Always-on altimeter
- Water resistant
- Blood oxygen sensor
(Blood Oxygen app)2
- Electrical heart sensor
- Third-generation optical heart sensor
- International emergency calling5
- Emergency SOS4
up to 32 g-forces with fall detection
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple Pay
- Capacity 32GB
- Ceramic and sapphire crystal back
368 by 448 pixels
977 sq mm display area
324 by 394 pixels
759 sq mm display area
Always-On Retina LTPO OLED display
1000 nits brightness
- S6 SiP with 64-bit dual-core processor
Apple wireless chip
LTE and UMTS7
GPS + Cellular models
Learn more about available carriers
802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Up to 18 hours9
- Magnetic charging cable
- Height: 40mm
- Width: 34mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- Height: 44mm
- Width: 38mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- Aluminum: 30.5g
- Stainless Steel: 39.7g
- Titanium: 34.6g
- Aluminum: 36.5g
- Stainless Steel: 47.1g
- Titanium: 41.3g
In the Box
- Apple Watch Series 6
- 1m Magnetic Charging Cable
The case materials and the band types would be based on your selection
- Apple Watch Series 6 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.
- Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
- The ECG app and irregular rhythm notification require the latest version of watchOS and iOS, and are not intended for use by people under 22 years old. The ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 or later (not including Apple Watch SE). The irregular rhythm notification is not designed for people who have been previously diagnosed with Afib.
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) can use a cellular connection for Emergency SOS. To use Emergency SOS on an Apple Watch without cellular, your iPhone needs to be nearby. If your iPhone isn’t nearby, your Apple Watch needs to be connected to a known Wi-Fi network and you must set up Wi-Fi Calling.
- The international emergency calling feature requires an Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) model. For a list of supported countries and regions, see apple.com/watchos/feature-availability.
- Not all features will be available if the Apple Watch is set up through Family Setup. Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.
- Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. International roaming is not supported. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility. See support.apple.com/en-us/HT207578 for additional setup instructions.
- Ultra Wideband availability varies by region.
- Apple Watch All-Day Battery Life testing was conducted by Apple in August 2020 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular), each paired with an iPhone; all devices were tested with prerelease software. Battery life varies by use, cellular coverage, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/watch/battery.html for more information.
Apple Watch Series 6 require an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later.
Features are subject to change. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages. View complete list.