Apple Watch Series 7 - Technical Specifications
Year introduced: 2021
Identify your Apple Watch
GPS + Cellular
- Graphite (PVD)
- Gold (PVD)
- Space black (DLC)
Apple Watch Nike : Aluminum available in midnight and starlight.
Apple Watch Hermès : Stainless steel available in space black (DLC) and silver.
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou
- Always-on altimeter
- Water resistant
- Blood oxygen sensor
(Blood Oxygen app)2
- Electrical heart sensor
- Third-generation optical heart sensor
- International emergency calling5
- Emergency SOS4
up to 32 g-forces with fall detection
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple Pay
- Capacity 32GB
- Ceramic and sapphire crystal back
396 by 484 pixels
1143 sq mm display area
352 by 430 pixels
904 sq mm display area
Always-On Retina LTPO OLED display
1000 nits brightness
- S7 with 64-bit dual-core processor
Apple wireless chip
LTE and UMTS6
GPS + Cellular models
Learn more about available carriers
802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Up to 18 hours8
- USB-C magnetic fast charging cable
- 100% recycled aluminum in the case
- 100% recycled tungsten in the Taptic Engine
- 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets
- 100% recycled tin in the SiP
- Energy efficient14
- Responsible packaging15
- Arsenic-free display glass16
- Mercury-, BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free16
- Height: 41mm
- Width: 35mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- Height: 45mm
- Width: 38mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- Aluminum: 32.0g
- Stainless Steel: 42.3g
- Titanium: 37.0g
- Aluminum: 38.8g
- Stainless Steel: 51.5g
- Titanium: 45.1g
In the Box
- Apple Watch Series 7
- 1m Magnetic Fast Charger to USB‑C Cable
The case materials and the band types would be based on your selection
- Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Series 3 have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Series 7 is also rated IP6X dust resistant.
- Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
- The ECG app and irregular rhythm notification require the latest version of watchOS and iOS, and are not intended for use by people under 22 years old. The ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 or later (not including Apple Watch SE). The irregular rhythm notification is not designed for people who have been previously diagnosed with Afib.
- Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular) and Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) can use a cellular connection for Emergency SOS. To use Emergency SOS on an Apple Watch without cellular, your iPhone needs to be nearby. If your iPhone isn’t nearby, your Apple Watch needs to be connected to a known Wi-Fi network and you must set up Wi-Fi Calling.
- The international emergency calling feature requires an Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular) or Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) model. For a list of supported countries and regions, see apple.com/watchos/feature-availability.
- Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. International roaming is not supported. Connection may vary based on network availability. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility. See support.apple.com/en-us/HT207578 for additional setup instructions.
- Not all features will be available if the Apple Watch is set up through Family Setup. Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.
- Apple Watch All-Day Battery Life testing was conducted by Apple in August 2021 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular), each paired with an iPhone; all devices were tested with prerelease software. Battery life varies by use, cellular coverage, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/watch/battery.html for more information.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2021 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular) with Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charging USB-C Cable (Model A2515) and Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter (Model A2305), as well as Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) and Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular) with Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable (Models A2255 and A2256) and Apple 5W USB Power Adapter (Model A1385); each Apple Watch paired with an iPhone, all devices tested with prerelease software. Charge time varies with region, settings, and environmental factors; actual results will vary.
- Results based on the performance of common user tasks. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2021 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 7, and shipping Apple Watch SE, each paired with an iPhone; all devices tested with prerelease software. Results reflect the approximate performance of Apple Watch.
- A portion of the proceeds from every (PRODUCT)RED purchase goes to the Global Fund to fight AIDS. From now until December 31, those proceeds will go to the Global Fund’s COVID‑19 Response.
- Ultra Wideband availability varies by region.
- Data accurate as of product launch.
- Meets California Energy Commission’s Energy Efficiency Standards for Small Battery Charger Systems as outlined in the California Code of Regulations.
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests and 90% or more of the packaging is fiber-based.
- Apple defines its restrictions on harmful substances, including definitions for what Apple considers to be “free of,” in the Apple Regulated Substances Specification. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates with the exception of AC power cords in India, Thailand (for 2-prong AC power cords), and South Korea where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement.
Apple Watch requires an iPhone 6s or later with the latest iOS version.
Features are subject to change. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages. View complete list.