iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015) - Technical Specifications
- 27-inch (diagonal) Retina display with IPS technology;
- 5120‑by‑2880 resolution with support for millions of colors
- 3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz)
- 8GB (two 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory (four SO-DIMM slots, user accessible)
Configurable to 16GB or 32GB.
- 1TB (7200-rpm) hard drive
Configurable to 3TB hard drive, 1TB or 3TB Fusion Drive, or 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of flash storage (SSD).
- AMD Radeon R9 M290 graphics processor with 2GB of GDDR5 memory
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and Expansion
- Headphone port
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Mini DisplayPort output
- Support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
Smooth, seamless Multi-Touch surface with support for simple gestures (scrolling and swiping). Click and double-click anywhere. Ambidextrous construction accommodates left- and right‑handed users.
Glass Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch and expand, swipe, three-finger swipe, four‑finger swipe, tap, double-tap, rotate, screen zoom, scroll, click and drag, click drag and lock, secondary click A and B.
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 20.3 inches (51.6 cm)
- Width: 25.6 inches (65.0 cm)
- Stand depth: 8 inches (20.3 cm)
- Weight: 21 pounds (9.54 kg)2
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
Limited Warranty and Service
Your iMac comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one‑year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple Support or call 800‑823‑2775.
In the Box
- iMac with Retina 5K display
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Power cord
OS X Yosemite
Engineered to take full advantage of your Mac hardware, OS X Yosemite is intuitive and easy to use. It features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in amazing ways. Learn more
OS X Yosemite Includes:
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- iCloud Drive
- Family Sharing
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Mac App Store
- Game Center
Configure to Order
Configure your iMac with these options, only at the Apple Online Store.
Looking for an iMac with Retina 5K display you can mount on a wall or an adjustable arm? Choose an iMac with Retina 5K display and a Built-in VESA Mount Adapter.
27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display 3.5GHz
- Magic Trackpad
- 16GB memory upgrade (two 8GB)
- 32GB memory upgrade (four 8GB)
- 1TB or 3TB Fusion Drive
- 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of flash storage (SSD)
- 4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz)
- AMD Radeon R9 M295X graphics processor with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
iMac and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iMac is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury‑free LED‑backlit display
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosures
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6.1 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold5
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
Accessories and Software
- Logic Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual‑Link DVI Adapter
AirPort and Wireless
- AirPort Express
- AirPort Extreme
- AirPort Time Capsule
- Magic Trackpad
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Apple Battery Charger
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Yosemite required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- iMac achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.